Friday, February 6, 2009

Something I'm Excited About: Mi Ami


One thing I'm looking forward to musically in the near future is Mi Ami. Mi Ami is the new band with former members of Black Eyes, the defunct Dischord screeching dance-punk outfit that makes me wish I was about five years older than I am so I could have seen them because they are best. Seriously, check out their self-titled album. It's the best. OK. So, even though Black Eyes are gone, there is Mi Ami, who, judging from what I've heard, are awesome too. The song included here, "African Rhythms," is the sweatiest, most relentless song I've heard in a long-ass time. More percussion than Dynamic Drums/Aquatic Oasis Fish Supplies in Kerhonkson, NY could even dream of. 

The reason I'm excited about Mi Ami at this very moment is because their debut album, Watersports, comes out February 17th, and they're playing two shows in New York next week: 
the 11th at Cake Shop, and the 12th at Monster Island Basement. Both are with Baltimore's Thank You. I'm going to the Monster Island one. You should too. 

No comments: